TaxCloud is proud to announce the release of a free integration of TaxCloud with Ubercart, a popular open-sourced shopping cart for the Drupal platform. More information on Ubercart is available at http://www.ubercart.org/.
The module is available for download here.
The installation instructions are below:
— INSTALLATION —
2) Register to obtain an USPS account ID at https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration
Follow the steps on the email you’ll receive to set this USPS account for production usage, or call USPS support. This module won’t work if your USPS account is not on production mode. This account is used to verify addresses.
3) With Ubercart installed, install the TaxCloud module as usual—see http://drupal.org/node/70151 for further information. This module requires the following modules (most of them required by Ubercart): Taxes, Store, Payment, Order, Rules, Entity tokens, Entity API, Views, Chaos tools, Product, Image, File, Field, and Field SQL storage.
— CONFIGURATION —
4) Configure the TIC Field for product classes:
a) Go to Structure > Content Types > Product > Manage Fields (admin/structure/types/manage/product/fields).
b) Add a TIC Code field. Machine name MUST be field_tic_code of type “Text” with “Text field” widget. Set as non-required, set default value to 00000, and set maximum length to 255.
c) Repeat steps a and b for each product class of your store. We suggest you use “Add existing field” for each class once you’ve added the field for the first time. You can set different default values for TIC codes on each class. See https://taxcloud.net/tic/ for more information.
5) Go to Store > Configuration > TaxCloud settings (admin/store/settings/uc_taxcloud).
a) Set the Default Taxability Information Code for the store. This is a global setting, just in case not every product has a TIC configured. See https://taxcloud.net/tic/ for more information.
b) Set the Shipping Taxability Information Code. This is the TIC applied to shipping. (The standard shipping TIC is 11010.) See https://taxcloud.net/tic/ for more information.
c) Set the TaxCloud API ID, API Key, and USPS ID from steps 1 and 2. See https://taxcloud.net/account/api/ for more information.
d) Set the “Delivered by seller” option (1= seller’s vehicle, 0 = other method—e.g., UPS, FedEx).
6) Configure “Store address”: Go to Store > Configuration > Store > Store Address (admin/store/settings/store) and set all the fields with valid information.
7) (Optional) Activate the TaxCloud cart pane at Store > Configuration > Cart (admin/store/settings/cart). This will let your users have pre-calculated taxes before checkout. Note: In the cart pane, shipping taxes are not calculated.
9) Test your configuration by adding some products to the cart and setting real shipping addresses on checkout page. You’ll find a “Taxes” line item with sales tax lookup amount. It’s recommended that you enable error displaying on admin/config/development/logging for tests. That will show you valuable information if lookup cannot be done for some reason.
Important: On production sites, you must not show lookup errors to the user (admin/config/development/logging) as they may contain sensitive data.