TaxCloud is a free, easy-to-use sales tax management service for retailers. It handles every aspect of sales tax, from calculation to collection to filing—and it’s completely free.
TaxCloud can be easily integrated into most accounting, order management, and shopping cart systems. It has been evaluated by states and an independent review board and has been designated one of only six Certified Service Providers in the nation.
- Calculates sales tax in real time for any location in the country
- Automatically files sales tax returns for 24 states
- Prepares monthly state-by-state reports on sales tax collected
- Monitors changes to tax rates and tax holidays and updates data accordingly
- Manages sales tax exemption certificates
- Registers sellers in 24 states
- TaxCloud is the only free certified sales tax management service.
- TaxCloud has been tested and certified by state revenue departments and an independent review board.
- Because TaxCloud is certified by 24 states, it has agreements and privileges with these states that help protect you. For instance, these states indemnify all TaxCloud users from liability in the event of an error.
- TaxCloud is already integrated with many shopping carts, so activating TaxCloud can be as easy as checking a box.
TaxCloud is solely owned and operated The Federal Tax Authority (FedTax). At FedTax, we believe that technology can make it easy for any business to calculate and collect sales tax. We also believe that businesses shouldn’t have to spend a penny on collecting or managing sales tax.
FedTax was founded by e-commerce veterans in 2008 to offer online businesses a free and easy way to calculate and collect sales tax. We designed TaxCloud, our sales tax management service, to be easy to use and to leverage the benefits and efficiencies made possible by modern cloud computing platforms.
FedTax is headquartered in Seattle and has offices in Connecticut and Kansas.